Who is CUPON?
We are loyal citizens of our community, we aim to control inappropriate development and uphold the beauty and character of our neighborhoods. We aim to combat any safety violations that endanger families and first-responders and threaten the environment. We need your help to strengthen and increase our impact.
We are an all-volunteer non-profit community based organization that was formed to orchestrate awareness of changes that adversely affect our community.
We are part of a much larger movement to protect and preserve our local neighborhoods. We are working with other towns to form new chapters every day. Here are some of CUPON’s successes in Rockland County:
- Stopped development of a school not suited for the area
- Stopped conversion of a multiple family houses into multi-family houses
- Stopped development of multi-family housing project
- Stopped conversion of a single family house into a rooming house
- Reported 35+ illegal housing complaints
- Reported 60+ code violations
- Working with State legislators and others on fighting blockbusting
- Conducted community events to bring about positive change
- Keep Rockland Beautiful – Hillcrest clean up
- Charity – Food donation to People To People
- State, County, Town officials and Builders acknowledge our organization
- Raised awareness in other towns, county and state communities
- Distributed “Keep Our Neighborhood Beautiful” flyers containing pertinent information on trash, garbage collection, property codes, etc.